Saturday, October 17, 2009

Music Slide Show

To date, this has been my favorite project we have worked on. We had to pick a band ad present a slide show featuring facts, the cd cover with track names and times, a table comparing the band I chose and a collage featurng a link to where you can find more information. I chose the band The Audition because I knew it would be a band no one knew and one that I could have a lot of fun with.

After the title slide was a slide with facts. I started by going into photoshop and creating a colored layered backgronund and filtered a photo of the lead singer onto it, and that became my background. I then found facts online and animated them in. I knew how to make things bounce and move in before but never how to make facts that were not prime dimmed, so poking around power point and doing research was huge for me this project. On this slide, I am most proud of making all the facts dim and all things moving by themselves.

The next slide was a picture of the album cover of my band and the tracks. I had a piano graphic along the bottomof my slide, as well as my album to the right of the info and my tracks, in a grunge manner, fly in, bounce into place, and state the title name and howlong each song is. This slide was the same deal as the prior one because I was not fully aware on how to dim the tracks before and make sure they didn't dim too fast before the next slide entered. I was really proud of how the fonts came out and of how smoothly this slide went.

The next slide was the chart. I decided to not look at ratings and numbers, but focus more on images that compared the for bands I picked, such as the band image and album covers. I also looked at the style of the music and the number of albums each band has released. Other than The Audition, I chose Paramore, The Backstreet Boys, and No Doubt. I was most proud of using the shape tool and creating my own chart instead of using a pre-made one that could be found on the internet. I enjoyed comparing the bands because they were each similar and different from one another, and how broad th spectrum of muic can be.

The final slide was a collage of pictures of the band I chose and a link where one can find more information about the band. I was super proud that I was able to time it so it stopped right when the slide show was done and also I was really proud of all the filters that I chose to use for the photos.

I also loved learning how to use audacity for the first time. It took a bit of getting used to because of all the buttons and features, but I really loved taking the songs I chose and cutting them into a seemless song that underscored my slide show. I learned so much during this project and it was so super simple to use. I have never been a wiz with a Mac and I feel like I can use programs with ease now.

No comments:

Post a Comment